Tuesday, March 12, 2019

'Sad Dad,' doughnut store owner, isn't sad anymore

The power of social media was proven again when a doughnut shop owner's son, Billy By, tweeted a picture of his father in an empty establishment, with the post "My dad is sad cause no one is coming to his new doughnut shop."

It didn't take long for the word to get out in Missouri City, Texas. Social media users flocked to the store by the hundreds. to show their support by buying all of their product. By day's end, the store had sold out.

Review website Yelp has been overcome with positive reviews.
“This is one of the best donut places I have ever been to! The owner is extremely nice and caring, and makes delicious donuts.  I highly recommend stopping here whenever you get the chance! If I lived in this area, I would be coming here every weekend. The prices are great, and knowing that is a mom and pops store is comforting and fulfilling,” one user, Don P, wrote.
“I don't even live in Texas  but I saw a post about it on social media so when my family came to Texas to visit relatives I had to come,” another person with the username Leopard G wrote.
Billy tweeted an update in gratitude.

__________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment