Saturday, December 15, 2018

People Acting Stupid: Woman goes bonkers on NYC subway, passengers defend Asian woman

TWITTER
Ann Luschinkskaya (blond woman) after she began attacking fellow passengers.
ASAM NEWS

Some crazy stuff aboard the D line in New York’s subway system this week.

Police arrested the woman identified as Anna Lushchinskaya, 40, who could be seen on video kicking and spitting at fellow passengers and calling one Asian woman a “f---king ch*nk” and a Dominican man by the name of a 911 terrorist. A video of the Tuesday incident (Dec. 11) has gone viral.

Lushchinkskaya continues kicking and hitting the seated Asian woman with her umbrella, eventually breaking it, as other passengers yell for her to stop. Passengers, including an unidentified Asian man, stepped between the two women to keep keep them separated.

When Lushchinkskaya calls the Asian woman a racial slur,  a gasp could be heard from other passengers  and they began to denounce the woman. “Your white privilege ain’t working over here,” one man is heard saying.



Juan Ayala, who filmed the attack and shared it on his Twitter account PlatanoMan, can be heard saying to Lushchinkskaya, “Your white privilege ain’t working over here. F--k out of here with that racist shit.”

That's when Luschinkskaya called Ayala “f--king Mohammed Atta,” a ringleader in the 911 attack.


Ayala answers “What? B*tch, I’m Dominican,” as he began howling in laughter. “You just tried to call me Muslim?”

The woman then pulled Ayala's headset off his phone and later his phone out of his hand. Ayala wrestles her to the floor and puts her in a headlock as other passengers urge him to stop.

“No, we have to get her arrested. We have to detain her. She just spit on me. She just assaulted me,” he said.


Luschinskaya is registered as a lawyer, reports Law.comShe is a law school graduate who was admitted to the New York Bar to practice law in 2004. It’s unclear whether she is still practicing.

Apparently, this was not the first time Lushchinskaya attacked fellow subway passengers.

Police tell The Gothamist Lushchinskaya, who also uses the last name Lushchinsky, was arrested in June when she was accused of assaulting passengers in a Sunset Park train and also punching another passenger on Monday.

Police say in the June incident that she sprayed a substance into the faces of two people, “causing burning and irritation.”

The victim in Monday’s incident spoke to The Gothamist.

“As I was passing her she stuck her arm out and like, side punched me with her keys in her knuckles,” the passenger said. “I stumbled, caught myself, kept walking and turned around because she was screaming at me to leave her alone. She called me a ‘psycho bitch,’ and I still had my headphones on so I couldn’t completely catch what she said because I was so taken off guard.”

No charges have been filed in Monday’s incident.


Lushichinskaya was arrested at the 36th St. Station. Yahoo reports that Lushchinskaya has been charged with felony assault. Ayala, aka @Platoman, has been hailed a good samaritan by police.

The woman victim, who was identified as Michelle Tan, told WABC she felt lucky the woman didn’t have a weapon like a gun or a knife “because it could have got a lot worse.”

“I’m lucky that people were on the train who were helping me, especially the first Asian guy who stood in front of me right away because he wasn’t recording. He just stood in front of me to help me, because I know other people were recording, but their recording didn’t do anything until later on when it escalated,” she said.


Tan told the reporter that she's afraid that she might encounter Lushchinskaya again because she takes the D train every day to go to work.

Views From the Edge contributed to this report.
_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment