Saturday, July 24, 2021

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to deport Chinese

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene , R-Ga., wants Chinese Americans and Chinese visitors in the U.S. deported because of China’s links to COVID-19.

Greene, who believes in QAnon conspiracy theories, told Trump's former advisor Steve Bannon on his "War Room" program Wednesday, 
“The Chinese understand one thing and that is money. If I was in charge and I had my way, I would come down on China so hard. 

“I would put tariffs back in place and they would be more strict than [former] President [Donald] Trump’s because those tariffs worked.” 

“I would kick out every Chinese in this country who is loyal to the CCP (Chinese Communist Party)" said the radical conservative. “China tried to kill us, and did kill us, this past year” with COVID-19. “If I had my way, I would come down on China so hard.”

In an earlier interview, she called COVID-19 a "bioweapon."

One of QAnon's baseless conspiracy theories one of which   is that China, where COVID-19 first emerged, deliberately created COVID-19 to kill Americans.

It is not the first time Greene espoused her theories about the pandemic and the links to China. "Through a Chinese made bio weapon, America and the world came to a halt," Greene tweeted.

In a speech speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference, she urged the US to stop sending aid overseas, listing the countries receiving U.S. aid, including the U.S. territory of Guam.

"I'm a regular, normal person. And I wanted to take my regular – normal person, normal, everyday American values, which is: we love our country. We believe our hard-earned tax dollars should just go for America – not for what, China, Russia, the Middle East, Guam – whatever, wherever," Greene said.

She is also an outspoken critic of the vaccinations against COVID-19 even tough when questioned she would not give a direct response.

Her comments about the Chinese plays on the inbred racist trope that "others" Asian Americans as perpetual foreigners.

Green has voted against certifying Biden's election and against an investigation against the 1/6 Insurrection. She consistently courts controversy and even renewed calls for her expulsion for comparing opponents and their policies to the Nazis and the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment