Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Store clerk kills would-be robber


SCREEN CAPTURE / NBC
Clerk Mark Kasbrowicz survived the attack during a robbery.

ASAM NEWS


A store clerk who struggled with a robbery suspect Sunday night before shooting and killing him is back at work near San Francisco after receiving stitches for his head injury.

Military veteran Mark Kasbrowicz described himself as “in shock” to ABC7 after seeing surveillance video of him wrestling with the suspect as he stuck his hand into the cash drawer and seeing the suspect pistol whip him over the head.

NBC Bay Area reports at one point during the struggle the suspect’s gun went off. At that point the suspect got up and ran along with a second suspect who had been holding another employee at the back of the store at gun point. Kasbrowicz said he grabbed his gun and fired a single round.

It happened at Kam’s Market in Bay Point.

“I just looked around, and he was running, and just by instinct, I let go a shot,” Kasprowicz said to NBC Bay Area. “I managed to squeeze off one round, and apparently after the fact I found out that I actually hit him.”

Kasprowicz said it was all about self preservation.

“I don’t know if it was fear and adrenaline kicked in together, but I tried to protect myself a little. He forced me onto the ground, he held me down,” said Kasbrowicz to ABC7.

“Sure he is deceased now but then again I’m lucky to be alive, I am lucky my co-worker is alive.”



No comments:

Post a Comment