Saturday, November 24, 2018

Zayn Malik covers Bollywood song in Hindi to the delight of his fans

ZAYN MALIK

FORMER "ONE DIRECTION" singer Zayn Malik posted a video of him singing a Hindi song and his fans are going wild over it.

Since he posted the cover of a Hindi song "Allah Duhai Hai", from Salman Khan’s last Bollywood movie, Race 3., it has over 3 million hits.

Despite not understanding the lyrics, a lot of his international fans are showing love for Zayn’s latest offering.

One user commented, “Wow dude, you've really smashed it your vocals sound fantastic! This is proof music is a universal language, we don't have to understand lyrics or to even have lyrics, the music can convey emotion & with a vocal too this also comes out in your voice! Congrats dude it's awesome!.”





And here is Zayn's post. Listen for yourself:




Aside from some picky criticism about his British accent, his fans -- whether or not they understood the lyrics - are generally praising his acknowldgement of his Pakistani roots and singing in a language other than English, the language he grew up with in Great Britain.


This is not the first time that the singer has done a cover for a Hindi song. Although his roots originate from the Pakistani culture, he had also done covers of Hindi songs, 'Allah ke Bande' and Kailash Kher's 'Teri Deewani.'

Malik hasn't shyed away from being raised as a Muslim. But, as someone the Evening Standard identifies as "the most high-profile British Muslim in the entertainment industry," Zayn said he's proud of his faith.

“I take a great sense of pride — and responsibility — in knowing that I am the first of my kind, from my background,” he said. “I’m not currently practising but I was raised in the Islamic faith, so it will always be with me, and I identify a lot with the culture. But I’m just me. I don’t want to be defined by my religion or my cultural background.”

_______________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment