Sunday, November 6, 2016

Adisson Russell celebrates World Series championship

On the team charter flight back to Chiccago from Cleveland, Cubs shortstop Addison Russell
and his wife Melisa were able to hold the World Series Championship Trophy.


IT'S WHAT every baseball player dreams about - winning the Worlds Series.

Since the Chicago Cubs beat the Cleveland Indians for the World Series title, shortstop Addison Russell has bee all over the place celebrating the victory.

From the champaign in the locker room right after the game to the victory parade in Chicago where 5 million people helped celebrate the historic accomplishment. It had been 106 years since the Cubs won baseball's premiere title.

What could possibly top all that?

The Disney Parade at Disneyworld, that's what!

The Filipino/American ballplayer joined his teammates, series MVP Ben Zobrist and second baseman Javier Baez Saturday (Oct. 5) in the Disney parade down Main Street USA where they hob-nobbed with Cinderella and Mickey Mouse.


Russell was voted to the National League All-Star team in July and no longer is considered just one of the many talented Cubs prospects. He has evolved into a star, holding the world in the palm of his hand."I know my family is happy with my success, and without my family I wouldn't be where I'm at today, without my wife, Melisa doing what she does. It's just one big contributing factor."

"I'm enjoying the process now, and I'm young and I'm still learning. Just can't wait to see where I'm going to be at in five years."

Addison Russell, in front seat, waves to the fans at Disneyworld in Orlando,  Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment