Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Jackie Chan receives an Honorary Award at the 2016 Governors Awards

Action star Jackie Chan receives an Oscar.
REPRINTED FROM ASAM NEWS
AFTER STARRING in more than 200 movies and attracting a world wide fan base, the kung fu star Jackie Chan, with a comic flair and a tendency to break his own bones, has been awarded an honorary Oscar.

Tom Hanks, Michelle Yeoh and Chris Tucker presented the award to Jackie Chan at the 8th Annual Governor’s Award 
held in Los Angeles last Sunday.

Hanks made it a point to point out that action films and comedy have long been underrepresented at the Oscars, and Sunday’s award was a step to remedy that.

Michelle Yeoh, who co-starred with Chan in Police Story 3 then took the stage.

“The fact that I got to work with Jackie was amazing, a living legend,” she said. “Jackie, I love you, you are part of me, and congratulations, and I am so thrilled and honored to present to my good friend, Jackie Chan, with the honor Oscar, ladies and gentlemen give it up for Jackie Chan!”



Tucker, who co-starred with Chan in the commercially successful Rush Hour movies, introduced Chan to receive the Oscar.


After 56 years in the film industry, making over 200 films, I’ve broken so many bones, finally this is mine,” Chan said in an emotional acceptance speech. “I want to thank you, Hong Kong, such an incredible city, my hometown, my hood, who make me. China, my country, I am proud to be Chinese.

"Thank you, Hollywood, for all of those years teaching me so many things, and also make me a little bit famous. I’m just honored to be here.”
###

No comments:

Post a Comment