|The Rio Olympics came to an end Sunday.|
The Olympics concluded Sunday with a Carnaval-like parade with athletes from all the countries gathering in the middle of the field celebrating the event held every four years.
- Nathan Adrian: gold in the 4x100m freestyle relay, Gold in the 4x100 medley relay, bronze medals in the 50m freestyle and the 100m frestyle
- Lia Neal: silver in the 4x100m freestyle relay
- Alexander Massialas, silver in foil
- Gerek Meinhardt joined Massialaas to win a bronze medal in team foil
- Micah Christenson, Kawiki Shoji and brother Erick Shoji were part of the team winning a bronze medal
Paige McPherson, a bronze medal winner in taekwondo at the 2012 Games, was upset in the first round but she remains America's strong bet to medal in the future.
Though the badminton and table tennis teams were blanked, the young athletes gained valuable international experience and can only improve by the time the 2020 Olympics in Japan.
Below are all the stories that Views from the Edge presented as part of the Olympic coverage:
OLYMPIC COVERAGE OF AAPI ATHLETES
- Hawaiian volleyball players destined to excel
- Six Asian/Americans make up the table tennis team
- Woman with most medals fails to make Rio swim team
- Asian American fencers go to Rio to make a point
- Fencer makes history by winning a silver medal
- Weightlifter's crazy dancing brings attention to climate change