YouTubeNathan Adrian flashes the gold medal that he earned anchoring the 4x100m medley relay team.
NATHAN ADRIAN, whose killer smile and 6-pack abs are drawing a lot of attention from his growing legion of fans on the Internet, has won the most Olympic medals for an Asian/American athlete in this year's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The Chinese/American swimmer won four medals in Rio, two golds in the 4x100 freestyle relay and the 4x100 medley relay. both of which contributed to Michael Phelps' historic run for gold which now stand at 23. Adrian also won two bronze medals for the freestyle at 50m and 100m.
That makes eight Olympic medals for Adrian, starting in 2008, when he got his first medal as a member of the 4x100m relay at the age of 15.
So what's next for the 27-year old, who was an honors student majoring in public health at UC Berkeley? His bio says he aspires to become an MD.
- Asian/American swimmers win medals
- All Asian/American badminton team
- Hawaiian volleyball players destined to excel
- Six Asian/Americans make up the table tennis team
- Woman with most medals fails to make Rio swim team
- Asian American fencers go to Rio to make a point
- Fencer makes history by winning a silver medal
Here's a clue: Nathan will be 31 in 2020 when the Games will be in Tokyo - the same age that Michael Phelps is this year.