Friday, July 22, 2016

GOP Convention: Diary of A Trump Delegate, Day 5, Her speech


Dr. Lisa Shinn's big day arrives at the Republican National Convention.
 By Lisa Shin
Reprinted from AsAm News

FINALLY, the day I had been waiting for, with both dread and anticipation. I had been reciting the words to myself, over and over again, but my big fear was being overcome by stage fright. Thankfully, there were rehearsal times that included practice with the teleprompter.
RELATED: Diary of a GOP Delegate, Day 1Day 2Day 3, Day 4
I got VIP service to and from the rehearsals, with check points by the Secret Service. I am so glad that I focused on the crowd before me. I delivered my speech differently than I had rehearsed it, due to the energy, passion, and participation of the people.
RELATED: GOP wants to highlight diversity of the party
Wow! It was a once-in-a-lifetime event.

(Shin is a delegate from New Mexico. She has been keeping a daily diary of her experience at the RNC for AsAm News.)


No comments:

Post a Comment