Thursday, April 7, 2016

TGIF FEATURE: Zayne Malik searching for a new direction

Zayne Malik has gone solo
ZAYNE MALIK is on a journey of self-discovery. 

Like many minorities living in a culture dominated by another race or ethnic group, the half-Pakistani/Brit had a need to rediscover his roots. A couple of days after leaving One Direction, (and breaking the hearts of many young fans) he visited the land of his Pakistani father.

“It’s time I went back to my roots and take a break from life in the limelight,” said the 22-year-old in an interview.

“Not having ever visited Pakistan, where my father is from, I am hoping this trip will help me learn more about my culture and traditions. Having achieved so much, visiting Pakistan where many people my age are not as privileged as me, will teach me a thing or two,” he said.

It was no surprise when he released his first solo album Mind of Mine last week that it zoomed to the top of the Billboard charts.

What was a surprise is that in one of the cuts, Intermission: Flowers, he sang the lyrics in Urdu, his father's native language.




Lyrics translation:
"Until the flower of love has not blossomed, this heart will not be in peace.
Give your heart to me"


Urdu:
Jab tak is mohabbat ka phool na khilay
Tab tak is dill ko sukoon na milay
Dill diyay mujhe"
In Urdu script:

جب تک اس محبت کا پھول نہ کھلے ؛ تب تک اس دل کو سکون نہ ملے

Have a great weekend!
###
For more news about Asian/Americans & Pacific Islanders, read AsAm News.

No comments:

Post a Comment