Friday, April 22, 2016

Filipino American musician creates song & video tribute to the Warriors and Steph Cur...

Noah Cutler got to show his basketball handling to the Warriors and Stephen Curry last January.  
AS THE Golden State Warriors grind their way through the NBA playoffs they are attracting more and more love from fervent and casual basketball fans.

This video was sent to me by B Miu, a Filipino/Chinese/American musician playing in the Bay Area. 

He just put his song, "I Can Do All Things" on YouTube a few days ago. Miu dedicated the song to the Warriors and put a little storyline to it about the influence the Warriors' star Steph Curry has on his young fans. Curry was just named as among Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People.
RELATED: The Golden State Warriors' Asian connection 
The sensational 11-year old boy in the video is Noah Cutler, whose basketball skills attracted the attention of the Warriors. The Oakland team invited the young man to one of their games where he got to meet his hero Stephen Curry, whose moves he emulates.
RELATED: Filipinos make up a third of Warriors' Facebook friends
It is a positive and fun song  to sing along with and -- heck, enough talk, listen, watch and enjoy the Warriors' and Steph Curry do their magic as they try for their second straight NBA championship. Oh, yeah!

B Miu had this to say a about himself:




My name is Brian, but you can call me B Miu
I’m Chinese Filipino so you know i love good food
I’m a Bay Area musician that’s been playin in local bands
But I also like to write my very own jams

I play bass, guitar, piano, and a little bit of drums
I like grubbin on burritos, pancit, and authentic dim sum
My heros are my parents, Bruce Lee, and Spider Man
I love my wife, two dogs, and my best friend Dan

The life that I’ve been given inspires me to write
In those times of darkness, music gives me light
I want to share this with you, all these stupid songs
I hope to play them for you and hear you sing along.

Published on Apr 15, 2016

Lyrics for "I Can Do All Things":

I can do all things

make them believe
I can do all things


the finals are coming up

what am i waiting for?
history is knocking at my door
i'm down 20 points
but i don't believe the score
i never give up
i'm a Warrior


i can do all things

make them believe
i can do all things


the Oracle, she said to me

if you work real hard, you can beat destiny
now i'm down three points
with little time in the fourth
now it's all tied up
i'm a Warrior


i can do all things

make them believe
i can do all things


when we play we make it rain

make it rain, make it rain
not afraid to change the game
change the game, change the game

Credits:

Starring: Noah Cutler
Music, lyrics, guitar, bass, and vocals by Brian Miu
Recorded, engineered, and mixed @ 11th avenue records with Tommy Phan.
Keys, additional electric guitar, and additional guitar arrangements by Tommy Phan.
Footage: Josh Cutler; Video Editor: Keyana Stevens

As of this writing, the Curry-less Warriors lost a game they almost won against the Houston Rockets. Who can say for sure that the Warriors will go all the way? But the team needs an anthem - a song to strike fear (or at least, irritate the hell out of them) into opponents. Can you imagine if all 21,000 fans at Oracle Arena break into the chorus? Is Warrior management reading this blog? Why not? Sing along: "I can, I ca-an, I can do all things ..."
###
For more news about Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, read AsAm News.

No comments:

Post a Comment