Saturday, May 19, 2018

Man apologizes for racist tirade, seeks forgiveness

Alex Wolpert was caught on video verbally assaulting an Asian American elder.
ASAM NEWS

A SELF-IDENTIFIED Marine who totally lost it when he saw an elderly Laotian American man in a camouflage T-shirt has issued an apology and pledged to seek treatment for post-traumatic stress syndrome, reports Fox 40.

Alex Wolpert of Sacramento, Calif. got into stunned man’s face screaming “I’m a Marine. OK, and this mother f*ckers going to wear that sh*t? no no. F--k you, f--k you.”

Some, however, have questioned whether Wolpert is a veteran, as he claims.

A video of the encounter posted by the man’s daughter, Van Khon, has gone viral. (Click image below to see video)

Khon said her father is in his 70’s and fought in the Vietnam War in behalf of the U.S. He does not speak English.

RELATED: Man rails at Lao American senior citizen
The elderly man’s wife tried to calm the situation by apologizing and offering to remove the t-shirt, but Wolpert persisted.

“My friends died.” and you’re going to wear this,” the man could be heard on a video posted on Facebook. “No, no , you can’t do that.”

In a statement released by Wolpert to Fox 40, he said:

“To whom it may concern,
On behalf of my recent actions I apologize, I was way out of line and I caused havoc and disrespect to not only myself but my family as well, since this incident my family and I have received multiple death threat’s and are having our public information posted via online.
To the gentlemen I accused and assaulted, Words cannot describe the amount of sincerity I have for this situation, you and your family did not deserve this at all. to simply apologize for my actions will never be enough as it was not excusable by any means at all, you deserve respect and appreciation and both of which i did not show you. I understand your forgiveness is not deserved by me and I have to accept what I have done. I can only hope this did not leave a scarring image on you or your family as it has me. I would like to apologize in person as words written cannot express the sincerity one can portray with verbal communication. again this incident has permanently scarred me and I can only hope it has not you, I do not deserve your forgiveness nor your sympathy as I only have myself to blame for this incident. Seeing my actions and my words have disgusted me. I only hope that you can forgive me and my actions. On your behalf I sincerely apologize and ask your forgiveness."
Thank you for taking the time to read this.“

No comments:

Post a Comment