Friday, December 29, 2017

TGIF Feature: 'It's a joke' exclaims Darren Criss about his Speedo photo



CALM DOWN, FOLKS!

Apparently, a lot of people couldn't get past the picture of Darren Criss in a Speedo and missed the caption underneath.

The Filipino/American triple-threat entertainer broke the internet back when he shared a photo of himself during the filming of the upcoming American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace earlier this year. He was wearing absolutely nothing and just a Speedo held in front of himself to stay modest.

Now, the 30-year-old actor feels he needs to explain the joke behind the photo because, darn it(!), people didn't read the caption
, which “no one read.” It was, “So what’s more red? My sunburn, my speedo, or YOUR FACE??? #ACSVersace.”
Darren Criss: I look kind of ridiculous'

Darren opened up during his visit with The Ladygang podcast.

“I was wearing this ridiculous red speedo thing and thank god it was for the show because pictures had come out, the paparazzi had caught us. We’re shooting a scene on the beach and it’s Miami. It’s fair game, we’re out in the open so there are photos of me in a scene with Max Greenfield and I’m in this red Speedo and I look kind of ridiculous. 

"We’re all kind of giggling about this on set, like, ‘Oh my god, this is getting picked up.’ And I kind of wanted to take it back for myself,” Darren said.

“At the end of that day, I was completely sunburned and was essentially the same color as the Speedo and so I’m looking at myself in the mirror thinking this is too funny. So after those photos went out, I was like, ‘I have a better photo.’ So that was that,” Darren added.


In American Crime Story, Criss portrays serial killer Andrew Cunanan, a Filipino who was among the FBI's Most Wanted list before he committed suicide. The role is perhaps the biggest undertaking for the actor, who is usually associated with lighter fare that shows off his musical skills such as his breakout role in the Fox Network's musical drama, Glee.

The American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace miniseries will air Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 10 PM EST on FX.

____________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment