Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Kumail Nanjiani and Gal Gadot have so much in common

SCREEN CAPTURE / YOUTUBE
2017 is a big year for both actors Kumail Nanjiani and Gal Gadot.

AN INTERESTING INTERVIEW between Kumail Nanjiani and Gal Gadot was taped as part of  Variety's "Actors on Actors,"  in which the  two actors discover that as Hollywood "outsiders," they had so much in common.

Portions of the 30-minute interview was reprinted by Variety.

Kumaill Nanjiani: "I try the best I can."
Nanjiani: I don’t know what happened. Huge mistake. My parents wanted me to be a doctor.
Gadot: They wanted me to be a lawyer. We have so much in common.
Nanjiani: We’re both immigrants. We play immigrants in our movies.
Gadot: We both get asked all the time, “How do I pronounce your name?”
The interview goes on to talk about women's representation in the media and why Gadot got so emotional when seeing the Amazons' battle scene in Wonder Woman.

Nanjiani talks about the pressure of representing all things Pakistan, "I'm not the guy,"  he laments, "But, I know, whether I like it or not, I'm trying to do the best I can."

Both actors are having a great year. Coincidentally, the two had the opportunity to  host Saturday Night Live, this year. Both Nanjiani's The Big Sick, is often mentioned as a possible Oscar nominee in several categories, and that's also the case for Gadot's Wonder Woman. Stay tuned for the nominations for Academy Awards next year.

WATCH and enjoy the YouTube interview below:


________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment