IT'S 2017 but it feels a helluva like George Orwell's "1984."
Trump's first week in office, he has ordered or opened the door the following:
- Trump's inauguration crowd is bigger than Obama's, "period! No ifs, ands or buts, declared Trump media spokesman Sean Spicer
- Millions of votes were cast in favor of Hillary Clinton by dead people according to Trump although there is no evidence to support his assertion. He has ordered an investigation.
- Lies are just "alternative facts," says senior advisor Kelly Ann Conway. The phrase went viral.
- Government agencies are being ordered to muzzle their communications to the public.
- Torture is an effective method of interrogation (I thought we were the good guys.)
- Deport millions of tax-paying immigrants and their families
- Build that damn wall! Threaten a 20% tax that we consumers will end up paying.
- Removed the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Pact (TPP). Advantage: China.
- Revived the "black sites" where the U.S. imprisoned, interrogated enemy agents without any oversight.
- Stopped funding health agencies in countries (mostly Africa) that advocated birth control to get a handle on its economic and social problems caused by overpopulation.
- Make the free press the enemy. Senior Strategist told the media to "shut up."
- Seeks to punish 'sanctuary' cities by stopping federal dollars going to those cities and counties.
- *Stop any release to the public of information about scientific research, strides or anything that goes against Trump's Breitbart-inspired beliefs, ie. climate change.
- Order new restrictions on immigrants and refugees from countries that are predominantly Muslim. (But only those countries where the President doesn't have business interests.)
- Oh, yes. One more: Trump had a nice phone conversation with his buddy, Russian President Putin.
|In front of seven men, in the first few days of his administration, President Donald Trump signs an order to defund international agencies advocating birth control for women.|
It's breathtaking. Trump seems to have taken a statement made famous by former First Lady Michelle Obama and twisted it to suit his message: "When they go low ... we go lower!"
“There is no doubt that this a direct attack on the majority of the country. Trump’s unabashed advancement of right-wing policies reflects his gross neglect of what is profoundly American: to value diversity no matter faith, nationality, skin color—or any self or perceived identity,” declared Johanna Puno Hester, National President of the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, AFL-CIO (APALA) and Assistant Executive Director of the United Domestic Workers, AFSCME Local 3930.
RELATED:The stock market went up over 20,000 for the first time in history. That profit generated by money manipulators is not going to the hard-working people of America. It is going to shareholders, investment bankers and the Wall Street wolves who do nothing but move money from one account to another.
These are the very same people who brought us criminal loans, massive foreclosures and the Great Recession.