|The technology for a missile-carrying drone like the one pictured was in danger of being sent to China.|
On June 9, 2016, Man was convicted by a federal jury in the Southern District of Florida of one count of conspiring to export and cause the export of defense articles without the required license.
- Chinese national found guilty of smuggling military hardware
- Woman convicted of conspiring to export high-tech military secrets
- Chinese national found guilty of helping foreigners hack military secrets
- FBI employee pleads guilty of spying for China
- Asian/American scientists suffer from false accusations of being spies
During the course of the investigation, when talking to an undercover HSI agent, Man referred to Zhang as a “technology spy” who worked on behalf of the Chinese military to copy items obtained from other countries and stated that he was particularly interested in stealth technology.