Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Jimmy Kimmel sings Manny Pacquiao’s new song






OK, WE know that Manny Paquiao can't sing well. But we LOVE that he loves to sing, critics be damned.


Even though he vowed that he would quit trying to sing professionally a few months ago, the Filipino pugilist has come out with a new song that he says will be his entrance song when he enters the arena to fight Floyd Mayweather on May 2 in Las Vegas.

He sings in Tagalog (the lyrics are below) in a "We-Are-The-World"-style soaring patriotic song written by Lito Camo. The title of the song Lalaban Ako Para Sa Filipino (I am Going to Fight For Filipinos), are sung in Tagalog (with the help of auto-tune) by the Pacman himself.
 Here are the English translation of the lyrics:


I always ask in my mind why do we have to judge what you feel?
What should be the right basis so they can listen to us?
Do we have to be in a good status?
Even if i hurt myself, i still wanted to keep it within me and just be silent about it.
Even if my heart aches, its nothing to me as long as people from my country show their smiles and felt happy.
I will fight the whole world for my country bringing your name
I'm a Pinoy. We are Pinoy
I will fight the world with my life at stake.
I will fight for all Filipino
Even us, has our own dreams for our country
To help fellow countrymen, and give pride for our very own country
It doesn't matter who you are. Poor or rich if for the country we all fight together.
I will fight the whole world for my country bringing your name
I'm a Pinoy. We are Pinoy.
I will fight the world with my life at stake.
I will fight for all Filipino
I will fight, I will fight
I will fight the whole world for my country bringing your name
I'm a Pinoy. We are Pinoy.
I will fight the world with my life at stake.
I will fight for all Filipino
I will fight for my country.

Manny Pacquiao in a still from the official YouTube clip for 'Lalaban Ako Para Sa Filipino' (I Will fight for Filipinos').
Manny Paquiao in a still during the recording of Lalaban Ako Para Sa Filipino.
That's quite a contrast to Mayweather, 38, who arguably summed up his prime motivation when he rapped, "Lifestyle, you know what it is: getting money man", in his 2009 collaboration with Ludacris, Undisputed.

Pacquiao's new video has him singing to scenes from the aftermath of the destructive Typhoon Haiyan in 2014, and of course some of his fight footage. 

Pacquiao's latest singing attempt was honored - I say "honored" - by Jimmy Kimmel singing the same song in its original Tagalog on his show earlier this week. Not bad and kudos to his attempt to sing in the Filipino dialect. Kimmel did it straight without any malice or attempt to make it funny. But you can't help but be humored by his attempt in pronouncing the Tagalog lyrics.

That's quite an anthem that applies to situations beyond the boxing match.

The Paquiao-Mayweather fight will carry the bill of the "Fight-Of-The-Century" and will have the largest payout of any professional boxing match in history.

Even though both fighters are past their prime - the fight should have been taken five years ago - the match has long been anticipated and will be shown on Showtime and HBO at the same time at the record cost of about $90 pay-per-view.

No comments:

Post a Comment